Monday, November 15, 2010

"Serving With All My Heart"

Hey guys sorry it to me so long to update. life has been busy and trying to remember the password to fix her blog, "oh dear, it took me forever." Danielle Jorgensen
Well Sister Rachael Griffith is doing great we normally hear from her on Mondays. She is staying busy and loving every moment on her mission! She has been out 8 months already!!
If any of you guys would like to write her... or you can email your letters to me at dgriff_13@hotmail.com and i can print them and send it with her packs we send her.

Sister Rachael Griffith
Guatemala, Guatemala City South Mission
A Partado Postal 340-A
01909 Guatemala City
Guatemala

I promise i'll do my best to update the letters we get weekly!!
She did tell me to say thanks for those who send letters, she stays busy and will try to write back and soon as possible.

April 4th, 2011
Howdy familia!! I am so glad everyone had a great conference. It was such a great experience for me too! I got the chance to listen to the last seccion of confernece in english the other three were in spanish.
But wow how amazing it was to hear from them. And what was so awesome
is we had a couple of our investigators there. and they loved it. oh
something a little crazy, saturday morning I killed a chicken before
conference. and we ate it for lunch. haha... so heres the story
behind that. We woke up early that morning and got ready then ran down
to one of our recient confevets house. because it was her daughters
birthday. Well.. we got joking around about killing the chicken that
she has because it will charge after you if your not careful. the
chickens name was chico. But hermana marta said if you can catch it
then we will eat it for lunch. so my companion and I looked at
eachother and took off after the chicken. haha well we got it cornered
and i caught it. Then another member of the church tied its feet
together. Then she hung it in the tree. we all we laughing and then
hermana marta said well kill it because we are gunna eat it for lunch.
Then they put the knife in my hand. I was like. NOOO!! yo no puedo!
but they all said yes. So killed it! I did squeal a little bit haha
then we cleaned it up and got ready to head to the church. I was
telling my companion, yeah once conference starts we will be told that
killing chickens is bad and I will have to repent. haha but yeah for
lunch chico was really really good. haha but okay back to a serious
note. I loved conference and it is so true that God calls a prophet
today. ALso, the words that the prophet and the 12 apostles is just
like God himself were speaking. We are so blessed in many ways. Well I
love you all! Thank you for sending my a birthday present. you know
you didnt have too. my shoes were the present. as a matter of fact
being here in the mission is one of the best presents i have ever had.
thank you. remember what the our prophet and the 12 apostles have
spoken to us. Keep it dear to your heart and follow their counsel.
also remember the promises we made in baptism and in the temple.
everyday try to make yourself a better person. follow Christ´s
example. I know I am not perfect but I know each day i am trying to be
better and better. Read your scriptures and pray always. especially
as a family.
con amor hermana griffith
March 28th, 2011
well lately in my morning studied i have been reading in the ensign from last general conference. A couple things stood out to me as I was reading this one talk. The talk I read was about the two lines of comunication. First the the line was prayer and second the line of the priesthood. I really liked it because we need both in our lives. First we need a line of comunication with our heavenly father and then we seek out the help of our leaders. We cant just rely on one with out the other. entonces, its important to use both in your life because that is what can lead and direct your life. if you have the chance to read the talk i encurage you to read it. oh okay something a little different almost everyone her believes in God but many who we talk with believe God is Jesus Christ and wonder why we start our prayer with God and in with Jesus. So, we explain to them that God is our heavenly father, Jesus is his son, and also the Holy Ghost is the spirit that tesifities the truth ( la verdad). In the scriptures it says they are one, but they are one in purpose. They have one proposital. In our prayers we first pray to God our father, then we finish in the name of Jesus christ, it is because he is the son of God. Then through the Spirit we recieve our answers. and many times through other people our prayers can be answered. I think that is why I like the talk so much from last gerenal conference. The prayer is very important in our lifes and also the line of the priesthood (and other thing with the line of the priesthood to help other people we need to be worthy and ready to listen to its promtings). Okay, so thats my thought for the week. I am very excited to hear this coming gereneral conference and am ready for follow the counsels ofour prophet and the 12 apostles. we have two dates for baptism this april. how exciting! and this is the last week and then there will be changes and i do not want to change. haha Iove this area so much and I would love to have another around with my companion and this area. okay random thought. lately, we have been having problems with the electricity and of course the water. haah the electricy at times doesnt works which is fine during the day but atnight it makes is a little hard but i bought a flashlight so now i am ready for what ever comes. haha as for the water that has always been a lil stinker but its all good because we have a pila and fill it full of water. but yeah its nothing super big it just reminds me how much we really have. take care!
Hermana Griffith


No comments:

Post a Comment